The SR-71C, located at the Hill Aerospace Museum, is a one of a kind. There was only one C model Blackbird ever built, and it was the final SR-71 to be manufactured. In October 1991 the SR-71C was placed on display at the Museum.
Hill Aerospace Museum is proud to display a B-17G. In 1987, the B-17 aircraft in the Hill Aerospace Museum was obtained by former Ogden businessman John. A Lindquist, who also served for many years on the Board of Directors for the Aerospace Heritage Foundation of Utah.
The Hill Aerospace Museum F-15A was manufactured by McDonnell Douglas and accepted by the United States Air Force in October 1978. In early 1994, the aircraft was retired, logging 3,500 flight hours. The jet arrived at the Hill Aerospace Museum in late March 1994.
The B-1B at the Hill Aerospace Museum arrived at Hill Air Force Base in February 2003. Nicknamed “7 Wishes,” the aircraft was gained into the United States Air Force from Rockwell International in April 1986. The B-1B is a long-range, multi-mission bomber that began serving the United States Air Force in 1985.
Located at the Hill Aerospace Museum, the B-29 “Straight Flush” was one of 531 B-29’s manufactured by the Glen L. Martin Company in Omaha, Nebraska. This aircraft was delivered to the United States Air Force on August 6, 1945 – the same day that the Enola Gay, also a B-29 aircraft, dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.
In May 1939, following evaluation trials in competition with other pursuit prototypes, the XP-40 was declared the most acceptable. An order for 524 P-40s was placed. The production continued with the P-40B which is similar to the British Tomahawk II. The P-40N at the Hill Aerospace Museum is actually a composite of two aircraft.
The A-10A was manufactured by Fairchild Republic Aviation and delivered to the United States Air Force in June 1975. The aircraft in the Hill Aerospace Museum is one of the first six A-10As produced, all of which were used for Development Test and Evaluation, DT&E.
The P-51 located in the Hill Aerospace Museum was fabricated by Kal Aero, an aircraft restoration firm in California. The aircraft was painted to reflect the exact coloring of Colonel Chelsey Peterson’s P-51 named the “Audrey” after Col. Peterson’s wife.
The F-16A, proudly displayed in the Hill Aerospace Museum, was manufactured by the Fort Worth Division of General Dynamics in Fort Worth, Texas. The F-16 was introduced in August of 1978, and is still being used by the United States Air Force today.
in December 1957 the Hill Aerospace Museum's B-25 became part of the 1001st Air Base Wing, still at Andrews AFB, but was transferred to Davis-Monthan AFB for long term storage a year later. The Mitchell was assigned to the Hill Aerospace Museum for permanent display and was painted to resemble the B-25s flown by the “Air Apaches” of the 345th Bombardment Group.
Nicknamed “Bearing’ Arms,” the B-52G located at the Hill Aerospace Museum was manufactured by Boeing in Wichita, Kansas, and delivered to the United States Air Force on October 16, 1959. It was first assigned to the 72ND Bombardment Wing (Heavy) at Ramsey Air Force Base in May, 1962.
The F-4C was accepted into the United States Air Force in March of 1965. In the Spring of 2005, the State of Utah awarded Funding to the Aerospace Heritage Foundation of Utah for the aircraft to be relocated to a new pedestal on the Museum grounds.
The C-124 at the Hill Aerospace Museum was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft Corporation in Long Beach, CA. It was delivered to the United States Air Force in May of 1955 where it was assigned to the 15th Air Transport Squadron (Heavy) in Dover Air Force Base located in Delaware.
Restored to represent the “State of Utah,” once assigned to Hill Air Force Base decades ago, the C-119G located at the Hill Aerospace Museum was manufactured by Fairchild and delivered to the Royal Canadian Air Force in December 1954. Serving various bases throughout Canada for more than 20 years
The KC-135 at the Hill Aerospace Museum was originally manufactured by Boeing Aircraft as an “A” model. The United States Air Force obtained the aircraft in January 1959 where it was assigned to the 901st Air Refueling (Heavy) Squadron of Strategic Air Command at Columbus Air Force Base in Mississippi.
This NC-130B-1-LM, S/N 57-0526, was the second B model Hercules manufactured by Lockheed Corporation of Marietta, Georgia (Lockheed Number 3502). On January 27, 1994 the aircraft was finally retired, with over 11,000 flight hours, and made its final move to Hill Aerospace Museum.
Chase Airlift produced the C-123K in 1949 as a heavy assault glider. The engines were later added to the aircraft. Chase could not deliver the aircraft, so the United States Air Force awarded the contract to Fairchild in 1954. It became a part of the Air Force Museum System in 2008.
The C-54G was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft and delivered to the United States Air Force in June 1945. It was chosen to serve the 10th Air Force in Karachi, Pakistan. The C-54 became part of the United States Air Force Museum System in the early 1990s, and was assigned to Hill Aerospace Museum.